50 people from 50 US states speak in their local accents

yeah, New York was a bit disappointing. Probably better off just sticking to regional accents, as Buffalo is a lot more mid-West than it is New York City…

Also, being in Connecticut for the last 20+ years, I find the CT part of this video disappointing… I mean, really, is there any state in the US that actually pronounces the first ‘t’ in Connecticut??

I like that Alaskan dude.

Yeah. The line between ‘soda’ and ‘pop’ goes through the middle of Rochester.

Silly video. :slight_smile: I think it’s obvious to BBers that accents don’t begin and end at state lines. If anything, accents are regional, and cultural diffusion via increased travel and exposure to media of all kinds only blurs the differences and mingles the ‘edges’ even more… which to me, is kind of sad. When visiting back east over the past couple of years, I’ve been denied the almost 100% reliability of hearing loud (obnoxious to some) Long Island accents (source: my Mom’s lady friends)… accents which my ‘ear’ never would have picked up on but for my long separations from that environment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.