A confusatorium for self-driving cars

My town of Placerville CA has banned roundabouts because Agenda 21

This one’s down the road from me. Somehow we manage, but then, we have gun control laws so freedom is a little sketchily defined.

2 Likes

I use the second amendment to assert my right of way on roundabouts.

4 Likes

Will they have self driver motorcycles, or will they just be outlawed?

And - would anyone want to ride one in the first place?

Yes this is exactly what will happen. No doubt there will be radical pedestrian activists doing just this - share the road is considered passe these days, according to our city council “Pedestrians Rule”. In Ann Arbor the pedestrian has been granted 100% right of way and all cars must stop for them - any curb cut (including driveways) has been defined as a crosswalk entrance, and our local ord. states that drivers (and by extension autonomous “driverless” cars) must stop for pedestrians “in or approaching a crosswalk” so basically what we have is empowered pedestrians stepping across the road wherever they want to. Recently read a blurb that came from someone associated with “MCity” out local autonomous vehicle research facility saying that the holdup to getting AVs on the road is the tangle of local ords, signage and rules and the variance from state to state.

1 Like

No self-respecting autonomous car would do that (go across the lines into the circle). Those markings indicate another lane, and there’s no reason for the car to change lanes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.