5 Likes

Never changes. Bad old town.

Because people canā€™t time travel?

1 Like

Brussels is the saliva of Europe?

2 Likes

Ooohhhh, @beschizza my dizzle, you are a tricky bastidā€¦

1 Like

Given the quality of the regulations from there, I wouldnā€™t be surprised of the amount of drool produced in Brussels.

The water one is so much bigger than the liquor one. Thatā€™s whatā€™s wrong with this country.

4 Likes

Great question, with a fantastic answer:

It is interesting that you should think that.

What evidence?
Iā€™m a recovering Londoner, I spent most of the first thirty years of my life there with brief excursions to Cambridge and Berkshire, and to anybody unprejudiced it is obvious that London massively distorts the British economy - unlike the US, Germany or France where there are multiple power centres, Britain only really has one and it shows. It means that a lot of our supposed GNP actually consists of financial companies and banks moving the same money constantly through a peeler and removing the layer theyā€™ve shaved off. Thatā€™s how we manage apparently to be a rich country but actually to have an average real income lower than that of the poorest states of the US.

3 Likes

Please excuse me while I go away and engage in hysterical laughter.

1 Like

Why did Constantinople get the works?

3 Likes

[citation needed]

Anybody who has been involved, as I have to a small degree, in EU directives, knows that the problems do not lie in Brussels but in the overweening vanity and power hunger of national politicians.
(Itā€™s occasionally funny watching right wing nationalist politicians who want to return to the 1930s accusing the EU of being undemocratic, but usually itā€™s just depressing.)

5 Likes

Thatā€™s no-oneā€™s business but the Turks.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s Micklegarth to you, if you want to stay on the right side of Scandinavians.

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

Iā€™ll stop nowā€¦

4 Likes
2 Likes

Holy crap - I had no idea They Might Be Giants covered this song!

(ETA - I was aware of the TMBG version, which I though was a song they wrote, not a cover of The Four Lads, which I just learned about.)

I learned something today!

Have to say I prefer the TMBG oneā€¦

2 Likes

deleted