A hilarious commercial for the questionable "Billy Mays' Safety Beep"

Not sure, but your comment somehow reminded me of Colon Blow, and for that I thank you. My guts thank you!

3 Likes

Safety Beep’s exciting new technology even lets you know when its battery needs replacing! The sound of a crunching tricycle tells you you need a new Safety Beep!

5 Likes

I miss Phil Hartman.

4 Likes

Look, he says "you get it all’. What more could one possibly want?

People love to complain, this is a perfectly clever device that can be made cheaply, install easily & operate reliably while sipping power.

With electric cars running so quietly this could actually manage to protect someone.

Engineers should be respected as modern heroes.

2 Likes

but-- the lifetime replacement guarantee? (just pay separate handling fee)

1 Like

Personally, I have to go with Tom “Why not you?” Vu or Don “Tiny Little Ads” Laprē.*

*And, wow: had no idea that both of these guys had such precipitous falls.

Are you kidding me? Imagine if every car had a beeper, and only one car was trying to kill you. Quick, identify the danger from 12 different piezo electric beeps, all beeping at a nonlocalizable frequency.

https://www.noiseandhealth.org/article.asp?issn=1463-1741;year=2011;volume=13;issue=51;spage=99;epage=112;aulast=Alali

How about a John Madden infomercial from MadTV?

2 Likes

I saved the $10 and just make BEEP BEEP sounds in my head. Pure profit…

2 Likes

Acoustic warning systems in EVs are required equipment in the US, Europe, and Japan.

2 Likes

From a noise pollution perspective, that’s terrible news. Vehicle Electrification was about to give us an enormous victory, and it’s as if Harley Davidson’s specious argument about “Loud Pipes being a safety feature” won.

1 Like

Well I guess this works as long as you arent deaf!

Also it give you a sense of security… not actual security!

1 Like

I have a neighbor who is the local fire marshal. Of course he wears a gun, probably even in the shower. And he drives a jeep with a big gun decal on the back, one that looks like the gun is pointed at you, which is so much more whimsical than a mudflap Yosemite Sam.

Anyway, Captain Moustache (as I fondly call him) loves to cut down trees on Sunday morning, the earlier the better. His newest toy is one of those mobile lifts, and boy does that thing go Beep Beep Beep Beep. He likes to have long conversations with people while he’s in the basket with the lift sitting there in reverse. I guess it gives him an excuse to shout even louder and more importantly about his Great Works in Suburban Forestry. Either that or he really likes his fucking BeepBeep.

He must have the world’s teeniest little dingaling.

Clearly I have feelings about this. Thank you for allowing me to share them.

3 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.