A "Live Laugh Love" sign but it's the nuclear waste warning message for future generations

Reminds me of a town in the Mediterranean with a vacant lot in an otherwise crowded town. Bad luck said legend. Turns out some thousand years ago the owners were executed, buildings destroyed and earth salted.

1 Like

I didn’t continue in the Twitter thread…to see how many they turned out, but:
a_ How about the font is Cleveland Double Black instead of Anastacia, and
b_ Let’s put some photos up in there with the overimportant words, maybe when Hali turns from playful bursts of glittery color to insoluble spiked rheum of intractably saturated gray with brown…good case for a scene printed in stripes with a lenticular mask, right?
c_ In interest of isotopically pure metal (the stuff we want in or on tools and buildings and DDR3) we’re going to keep getting the hot stuff, so we may as well learn to transmute it better (rather than escalate the pie higher or such.) [So now I have to go to a miner bar in Australia and order the pints of Thorium, Thulium, Thelium (and the IPA) and Thallium, unstable eachly.] Someone just made tetrauranyl hexaplutanothiophosphate by the way, I guess to prove outsourcing is real (and get its neutron spectrum?)

3 Likes

This font/color/etc. is totally inappropriate. This will be ignored by all visitors as it looks like a generic new-age house rules plaque.

The nuke stuff is interesting, but apart from what I just got from a quick google I had no idea what a “live laugh love” sign was.

I don’t get out much.

OK, let me explain this as directly as I can.

We took enough carbon out of the planet to fuel the industrial revolution. All of that energy was used.

Now, we have to put the carbon back into the planet and out of the atmosphere in short order or we will destroy civilization and potentially humanity within the next several hundred years.

This means we have to - without generating more carbon - generate roughly as much energy as it took to drive the Industrial Revolution within the next 50 years or so, for the sole purpose of putting that carbon back into the ground.

Yes, Renewables. Yay renewables. We need to use those as much as possible. There will be some solid state or natural processes used to sequester carbon too. That will help.

But it isn’t going to be enough. We need to build plants to pull the CO2 from the air and sequester it. So we can either use Nuclear power and figure out how to protect our future generations from the waste products… or we can not use nuclear power and we won’t have to worry about future generations because there won’t be any.

2 Likes

I’m still a fan of the Raycat Solution, especially since it gave us such a fun song.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.