Trump says Green New Deal 'A hoax like the hoax I just went through,' disses wind energy technology

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/14/trump-says-green-new-deal-is.html

6 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

47 Likes

What a surprise, this dude is still a piece of shit. Can’t think of anything intelligent to add to a serious discussion. Contrary to pretty much anything positive. But I still can’t decide what’s worse, him or his moron followers.

26 Likes

I’m so done with him. He’s exposed something about America that makes me very unhappy. I only hope we can be rid of him soon enough that we’re still salvageable.

27 Likes

But the coal!

36 Likes

Ah the coal miners.

It is strange to me, the thing that wealthy Yuppies have in common with immigrant workers that coal country cannot stomach: moving to where the jobs are.

16 Likes

He is the worst President we have ever had and the Founders’ worst nightmare.
He is also the logical culmination of the last 45 years of Republican politics

29 Likes

ftfy, yr wlcm

30 Likes
3 Likes

How’s the coal industry doing? Naturally they are still blaming Obama. But of course the locals are upset about coal companies welching on the pensions and healthcare benefits they were supposed to provide for them after they slaved away and got black lung.

Have fun with your conservative judges, suckers! They will always be ruling for you, the workers, don’t worry! That’s Trump’s way of showing you appreciation and what a real ‘man of the people’ he is.

7 Likes

tumblr_prdeer3T811rhs4ze_540

22 Likes

No thank you. He can’t afford me.

25 Likes

Roger That!

18 Likes

54 Likes

Well, there were some really awful terrible evil presidents in the 19th century. Even just recently the Bush family objectively did more harm.

Trump is unambiguously the most unqualified and among the most unfit, for sure.

15 Likes

He is unequivocally the most impeachable president to date. And most likely the last elected president of the United States of America.

Trump has already stated that he will serve 10 years.

6 Likes

What I don’t get is that el mejor Grifter here isn’t even running a good grift, yet the suckers are still lining up to kiss his ass.

Here, let me make up some random lies off the top of my head:
-The so called “green” revolution is a great idea, but we simply don’t have the technology for it yet. Production of solar equipment requires massive mining for rare elements, and the industrial by products for a year of high scale manufacture are 142x (look it up) more dangerous for the environment than the carbon emissions for a single year of equivalent energy production. This is not about “being green”, this is about shifting money away from you, the hard working common man, to already rich California Tech moguls. The simple fact is that the “Green Revolution” is not green, it’s all about taking the “green” away from hardworking americans and putting it into the pocket of a select few.

This is all complete bullshit of course, but seems a thousand times more believable than his idiotic one liners. Hell, he could even make up fake studies, and I suspect that very few people would spot check them. And the ones that did would get buried on page 9 of a random newspaper that nobody reads anymore…

8 Likes

If by “a hoax just like the one I went through” he means a hoax that is actually the truth, then he’s right - The New Green Deal is a hoax just like that.

22 Likes

Imagining Drumpf Don Quixote-ing himself right into a wind turbine.

11 Likes

Centrist Democrats are whatever the Republicans were ten years ago.

13 Likes