A look at the influential music of Todd Rundgren

Originally published at: A look at the influential music of Todd Rundgren | Boing Boing

3 Likes

He hadn’t been on my radar for years, when this collab with Thomas Dolby came across my YT feed a couple days back:

Single from the new album

4 Likes

runt

I picked up a vinyl copy of this and immediately bought the digital version. The family likes it, too.

1 Like

Few performers can encapsulate the moniker of “musical genius” more than Rundgren, we don’t get enough from him in my humble opine.

@leicester The drum & bass in that single are undeniable Rundgren, thank you.

5 Likes

Well, he does just want to bang on that drum all day…

2 Likes

Go out to the shed, and bang on that drum like it was the bosses head?

1 Like
2 Likes

Great live too. I saw him at the Keswick years ago. Small venue- perfect. And he knows how to wear a sarong.

4 Likes

A Capella is my favorite of his. Picked it up on a whim years ago (on tape, so that tells you how long it was) and it is fabulous.

1 Like

Thomas’s or Todd’s? I mean, I will have to go look for it, obv, since I love them both (Thomas more though…)

Todd’s new album

Just a few days ago discovered an old gem, a Shaun Cassidy album that was produced by Rundgren and was largely Utopia+Shaun. Whether one thinks the album is worthwhile or not (I think it’s not half bad!), it definitely gives the feeling that Rundgren was the perfect choice of producer for a kid looking to go from Teen Idol to adult.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.