A new tent for camping on the moon

[Read the post]

1 Like

Okay, of all the Traveller RPG equipment I was hoping to see in my lifetime, “Pressure Tent” was pretty far down the list. But it’s still pretty cool.

7 Likes

Bah, moon-camping has gotten so ridiculously cushy I don’t even see why people bother anymore. “Oh, sure, let’s go camping on the moon! I’ll just bring along an ENTIRE GODDAMN ELECTRIFIED HOUSE to make absolutely sure I don’t actually experience the moon.”

And of course it’ll be parked all of 50 feet from the lunar lander you drove to get there.

18 Likes

And try to find a campsite anywhere near Tranquility Base on the 4th of July weekend!

8 Likes

Now I need to get out my battered copy of Roughing It Easy: Lunar Edition. There’s nothing like the taste of bacon cooked with unobstructed solar radiation.

1 Like

5 Likes

CapsuleCorp?

1 Like

Where is the suit storage? If you’re never going to take off your suit you only need a bivvy bag.

2 Likes

“In space, no one can hear the moon-dogs barking all night.”

2 Likes

This isn’t new. Back in the late sixties Major Matt Mason had an inflatable space tent, though it looked like a traditional pup tent. Some of his accessories were based on things suggested by NASA, so some thought might have been given to a space tent even back then.

1 Like

It’s no MOOSE.

1 Like

Man, those astronauts will park their pods ANYWHERE.

2 Likes

probably right next to the non-existant bathroom. it isn’t like you can step outside to take care of business…

1 Like

“Hand computer” was at the top of my list, and I dare say we’ve got that well before TL 10.

Well, and then there was the HUD monocle – I forget the name of it – that I thought looked cool, but not so much once Google Glass came out.

3 Likes

High five, HOLMES!

Dad? Why are you here on boingboing? Don’t you have MEP drafting to do? :wink:

3 Likes

Oh my. I think I am in love.

1 Like

Does sleeping nude in this oxygen tent give you sexual powers?

Depends on whoever sleeps nude in there with you.