A warning about this BBS's use of Gravatar and anonymity

The Great Gravatar Ghostry Debacle of 2013 is now over!

All avatars are served locally, read more here:

3 Likes

Yay! Now no one will have an avatar that looks vaguely like a swastika unless they choose to.

3 Likes

Can we double the number of icons by making them case sensitive based on what the user used in their name? I like my lowercase “e”.

is there a prize for the first person to get a screencap of them spelling a rude word?

3 Likes

ere ya go @edgore

Way too much work!

2 Likes

4 Likes

believe me, I’ve been looking even before I saw your comment.

can we get @fuzzyfungus, @uniqueusername, @catgrin, and @Kevin_Baker to reply to this thread? in order, guys. thanks.

4 Likes

And, what’s that spell?

Very nifty. Where do the colors come from?

Colors are based on a hash of the username. So “Jason” will result in a different color (almost all the time) versus “James”.

Eh, I dunno, seeing mixed case in auto generated avatars might be kind of… discordant. I suggest setting a custom avatar if you want more control.

Again - Too. Much. Work.

I will set it for you later tonight. I will do this because I love you, @edgore.

2 Likes

Awwwwww. I love you too. And here I was, just being a jerk.

Hi there, joining the discussion late. I’d really just got back on here after a long absence so, any security issues are welcome information, and much appreciated. Glad to see that a fix was already implemented. Since there was no other participation in the screen cap challenge, I went ahead and updated with a spiffy macro photo I shot instead. (I’ll happily swap back if my “C” is needed.)