Administrator has enabled read-only mode?

I’ve seen a bunch of messages popping up on the BBS this morning saying something along the lines of “An administrator has enabled read-only mode.” It appears briefly, then disappears again. About every 10-15 minutes, give or take. Any idea what’s going on?

Just saw it again, and was able to cut and paste the second sentence (typo and all!) in the pop-up, because it appeared for long enough:

“You can continue to browse the site but interations won’t work properly.”

This happens when an administrator is doing a backup of the site. The site is marked as read-only in order to prevent data corruption and a message is pushed to all users to warn them.

Interesting, I’ve never seen it before today, and today I am seeing it like crazy. It’s not a big deal, really, I was just curious.

We’re having a bug where the message is being published to all users instead of users of a single site. We’re running tests on other forums but the message is being pushed to all forums.

That would explain it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this. The bug is now fixed. Will be deployed here today :slight_smile:

I had a similar message a few days ago, while I was typing a post. I would see the message for a second, then the whole page would reload, losing what I had typed since the last auto save. It hasn’t happen since then, so it may have been fixed by your update.

This topic was automatically closed after 1095 days. New replies are no longer allowed.