Adventuron: online text adventure creation system

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/25/adventuron-online-text-advent.html

3 Likes

I may check this out. I’ve had a horror adventure game in my head for awhile now, but I’ve lacked the motivation to do anything about it.

5 Likes

Horror themed games are cool. Go for it !

I also advise authors to produce at least one graphic as a “loading” screen, for two reasons … (1) To set the scene. (2) For better reachability to new audiences.

Adventuron incorporates a full tutorial and reference guide, but I’ll also be putting together a video series soon too.

If you need any technical help, feel free ask at @LearnAdventuron on twitter.

6 Likes

I’ll check it out. Thanks. Creating graphics will be the easy part.

3 Likes

This looks like great fun. I’ve been trying to get the kid into programming, and maybe this’ll do the trick for her. At the very least I’m sure she’ll love playing the games already there!

2 Likes

You are surrounded by twisty little unrealised ideas, all alike.

4 Likes

Beschizza, you sexy beast! First you amaze me with the existence of Pico-8 and now this!! Big kiss sent your way.

1 Like

To those interested, I just produced a new mini-tutorial for an original (excluding cliches) four location single puzzle text adventure game (+ graphics), in video form.

Video Tutorial — Create A Text Adventure Game In 30 Minutes — In The Browser

Game here

The Cave Of Magic (ZX Spectrum Port Available As Download Too)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.