Amazing Robert Fripp episode of "Live from Daryl's House"

Originally published at: Amazing Robert Fripp episode of "Live from Daryl's House" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Fripp has a couple of these seemingly odd musical connections. He also produced and played on the first Roches LP.

5 Likes

See also Fripp’s collaboration with Andy Summers (of the Police) on at least two LPs that I’m aware of.

3 Likes

Yeah, “I Advance Masked”, I bought that when it came out. Andy Summers has a pedigree that seems more in line with Fripp than Hall and Oates, but artists shouldn’t be limited by our perceptions of them.

10 Likes

This is great, i am so glad to see this. i dig how effusive Fripp is, i have only seen him play twice live and he’s typically so… stoic. Just wish we could see a bit more Fripptronics :blush::wink:

1 Like

When I first heard that song I spluttered “that’s Robert Fripp!” When the solo came on. I don’t know that I have seen it confirmed anywhere but it’s so obvious!

4 Likes

It’s such a distinctive sound.

The first time my daughter heard “Heroes”, she was 3 years old, and she stopped what she was doing and stood straight up one ear cocked upward, big dreamy smile on her face. I got a bit closer and listened, and she was quietly and carefully singing along with the guitar part. “ooooo - eeeee- ooooo”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.