Amazon drivers hang phones in trees to game delivery software

It’s just where I naturally go man.

Cyberpunk problems require Cyberpunk solutions.

And seriously, I thought living in the cyberpunk future would be a lot cooler when I was a teenager. Mostly it’s just depressing so far.

8 Likes

Yeah, this would sure beat the hell out of the usual pre-teen/teen mini-crimes. We did stupid crap like sneaking about the neighborhood and intercepting all of the free samples when some business would leave them (I apparently grew up in a test market area). We sorely regretted drinking multiple “Jolt” sodas when they left 4 packs on people’s doorsteps.

Amazon drone surprise packages… The ultimate “blind box”.

3 Likes

Exploited workers are workers.

2 Likes

The trouble with living in the Cyperpunk Futures, is that I’m one of those background characters, not the cool protagonists in Nightshades™.

5 Likes

You say “delete Facebook.” I say:
DELETE AMAZON!

4 Likes

Why not both?

1 Like

You can order those from Amazon.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure. “It was likely used by the tribe as a gathering place for ritual/ceremonial purposes”

2 Likes

Or a net gun.

2 Likes

It’s drones all the way down!

2 Likes

I love the smell of ozone and zapped cell phones in the morning.

Lol, who’d win, Nokia, or Mjölnir?

2 Likes

All of the devices on my network, indeed, the network itself, have Norse-themed names. (I’m currently using Fenrir.) That said, I still use a good surge protector! I’m just not going to trust Thor not to get a little too happy with all that lightning.

2 Likes

One campaign at a time, please.

1 Like

Last week I disembarked from an airplane (I know!) and as I walked through the deserted gangway at night, the lights of the airport reflecting in the rain outside, I caught a glimpse of myself in reflection, wearing a black rubber-like raincoat, my wireless earphones slung around my neck, my electronic book in hand, on my face my black mask against the virus that had caused a global pandemic and suddenly I realised…shit, I already DO live in a cyberpunk future.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.