Amazon is suing its own retailers over fake reviews

[Read the post]

1 Like

It took them long enough! The general public knew this like foreverā€¦

7 Likes

Good.
Itā€™s a special kind of paranoid when you have to scan the reviews on Amazon and wonder ā€œAre these real people or sock puppetsā€ before buying something. It undermines my ability to trust at a real, noticeable level. And that pisses me off.

13 Likes

I usually read the 1 star and 2 star reviews on Amazon. If they donā€™t contain any showstoppers, I feel reasonably confident about buying.

What I would really like is a way to filter out all the reviews that end with ā€œI was supplied with a free sample of this product in return for my honest (;-)) opinion.ā€

8 Likes

I would think it would be pretty easy to hide your footprints. Are these just the chumps who got caught?

1 Like

This only covers the fake reviews, right? What Lolipop said. But thatā€™s kinda like asking the DNC to stop taking $$ from payday lenders.

2 Likes

I like when the 1 or 2 star review references themā€¦ ā€œDonā€™t listen to these a-holes because theyā€™re full of it! Itā€™s a piece of garbage.ā€

3 Likes

Trump still has them beat!

3 Likes

Ya, I start with the three star reviews and then proceed up or down based on what I see there

2 Likes

Three star review seem to be the sweet spot for finding reviewers who donā€™t think in hyperbole. In theory (but not in practice), three star reviews should be the middle of the bell curve.

2 Likes

Excellent.

Amazon itself(while apparently a soul-crushing postindustrial logistics sweatshop) is pretty reasonable to deal with.

Their ā€˜marketplaceā€™ā€¦is less so. Between the weaknesses of Amazonā€™s search tech and the amount of skeeziness, I honestly prefer dealing with fleabay rather than grovelling around Amazonā€™s less loved corners.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.