Amazon pays happy warehouse workers to tweet about how happy they are whenever someone complains about warehouse conditions

“But I realized it was my fault for the problems I was dealing with, and not Amazon’s. I’m allowed to talk to people, bit sometimes I don’t want to.”

Is downright fucking sinister. Hannah knows that only bad girls are unfulfilled at the fulfillment center. Hannah doesn’t want to be bad where the social media metrics can see her.

7 Likes

They left out, “Jeff Bezos is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”

5 Likes

The hilarious thing is that I’m reading this as XXXX XXXX - amazon fc ambassador:

“no really, It’s awesome. I’ve got a thing about peeing in bottles. When I did it at my last office job I got called into HR and fired. Here it’s considered a good thing!”

1 Like

Yep, because Jeff Bezos can’t think of anything else to do with his billions and billions and billions of dollars than to fund space exploration (and admitted it).

4 Likes

And also build a 10,000-year clock in the middle of a flipping mountain.

“It’s designed to be a symbol, an icon of long-term thinking,” he says.

Practical!

3 Likes

i-zombie-clive-is-done

3 Likes

The creepiest thing about that thread was the way they popped into and out of the conversation as if they were all a singular being with a thousand faces.

Which… I guess… they are. But I feel like they are supposed to hide it better? Isn’t the point of this to make the person feel more positively about the company because you had a positive interaction with a happy healthy worker who allayed your fears and told you you were misinformed - but this is less like having the person at the bus stop lean over and say “I couldn’t help but overhear - I work there actually and…” it’s more like if that happened, but then they got up and walked away, and then a random unrelated person walking by sat down and continued the conversation you were having.

Also it weirds me out they all speak in the same dialect - both in terms of their language use (their spoken dialect) and their punctuation (their online-dialect) - most real regular people who aren’t typing according to a standard are at the very least easily dated and identifiable to a place in cyberspace by things like their choice in punctuation and how they add Emphasis and such.

This linguistic equivalent of a stock photo type shit is just eerie when you see it repeated so much.

4 Likes

Hello, I am a human, and I have a job at Amazon. I am treated very well there. Here, I mean.

I go to college, and recently graduated from being 18. I love my grandkids. And my dog or dogs. My dog also has grandkids. We love to beach. And/or pool. I have some hobbies, like beach and/or pool with grandkids.

I must go now, since my feeding time is soon, and then I will have to sleep, because I am a human with grandkids, some of whom are dogs. Can’t wait to go to my next shift at [CLIENT]Amazon.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.