Amazon sends man 1,700 Alexa voice recordings from a stranger

So…is this where I should ask if rolling your own (out of Asterisk plugins and github librarian services, and a few Twitter firehose products) was worth its weight in collateral search look-aside hilarity?

When is the Best Practice going to express its regret that privacy customers are all the same 23y.o. dude anyway, full disclosure learned that from a promising new source of Special Police Operatives writing in National Acts Finance World (or Unnatural Acting Antgirl, bc. same?) Perhaps instead that the Because I Like Your Voice skill offers regional homologous query flights of Noshing Queries (all half-ricotta half-diphones?)

1 Like

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING

“We have a winner!”

I just met an eight-year-old named Alexa and she’s done with the humor around the name Alexa, and is likely almost done with her own name.

Between 2010 and 2017, there were nearly 37,000 babies named Alexa, making it the 49th most common name for this period. Source: Social Security Administration, Baby Names - Perhaps they should have chosen a less common name or made up a word.

Also, the name means, “To Defend Man” if broken down into its constituent parts.

1 Like

What makes this especially fascinating is that according to the original German article, the guy who erroneously received the sound files apparently doesn’t own an Alexa-endowed device in the first place.

Just when you think it can’t get worse…

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-alexa-insight/kill-your-foster-parents-amazons-alexa-talks-murder-sex-in-ai-experiment-idUSKCN1OK1AJ

The next challenge for social bots is figuring out how to respond appropriately to their human chat buddies. For the most part, teams programmed their bots to search the internet for material. They could retrieve news articles found in The Washington Post, the newspaper that Bezos privately owns, through a licensing deal that gave them access. They could pull facts from Wikipedia, a film database or the book recommendation site Goodreads. Or they could find a popular post on social media that seemed relevant to what a user last said.

That opened a Pandora’s box for Amazon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.