American prisoners coerced or tricked into providing voice-prints for use in eternal, secret, unchecked surveillance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/30/prison-profiteering.html

1 Like

Thank you. You are cleared through voice-print identification.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Are voiceprints really any good? Seems bogus to me, but I’m not a security expert. I’m not even a “security expert.” However, voiceprinting low-level drug offenders seems like an odd way to catch terrorists.

3 Likes

If so, they are easier to get than ever before. With so many VOIP services, who owns that data? After the lightsaber, I want another gadget from Star Wars (the helmet would be great for avoiding facial recognition systems, too):

Yep, my office runs on VOIP. If they start rounding up the insurance agents, I’ll be first against the wall.

1 Like

The road to hell is paved by consultants.

2 Likes

it’s not really that long as passcodes go.

I called Fidelity today and one prompt asked if I wanted to use voice recognition to get answered faster.

1 Like

Next thing you know they’ll revert back to measuring prisoners’ craniums for some phrenological indication of criminal/terrorist ways.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.