America's most beloved song updated: "This land is my land, this land is my land" (video)

Originally published at: America's most beloved song updated: "This land is my land, this land is my land" (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Roberts shouldn’t be let off the hook. He’s shown up on the right side of history for a few important decisions, but if all he can offer is a mealy-mouthed abstention while rights are being revoked, that’s the cultural memory he should be saddled with. There are no “reasonable conservatives”.

10 Likes

Came here to say that, you did a better job. Roberts was definitely a huge missing piece in that chorus, but maybe it was because the writers didn’t have much to work with (but then again, they Amy didn’t have any solos, did she?).

5 Likes

On a somewhat related note, my version…

1 Like

In case anyone missed it on Monday, in a dissenting opinion, Clarence Thomas wants to ‘revisit’ New York Times v Sullivan, a case that forms a large part of the underpinning to the free press in the US:

yeah , those 13 th century citations really , ahhh , perturb , eh ?? perturb !!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.