America's super-rich write to Democratic presidential hopefuls, demanding a wealth tax

My favorite reply to that is that there are no such things as individual people, only members of a society. I think the last time you could be a completely independent individual, not beholden to others in anything, was somewhere in the Bronze Age or so.

2 Likes

And not even then! That would be exactly… never. Because back around the time we came down out of the trees and started walking upright, not having a group generally meant you were a sabersnack - the individual was fucked, while the group could watch out for each other and shout when they spied trouble acoming on the savannah.

Plus, once we started doing things like making tools and cooking with fire, we had to have someone else teach us that, so we could carry that on through the generations. We didn’t have to reinvent the wheel time and again, because someone in the past had already figured it out. We just had to pass it down to others to ensure the knowledge got saved and used.

8 Likes

WHAT? I CAN’T HEAR YOU!! MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING!!
Dammit…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.