An anarchist community bookstore had the best response to getting robbed

It also creates an incentive to rob only the undeserving because the undeserving don’t call the police while Starbucks or Apple would.

4 Likes

Comrades!

3 Likes

Yeah! It’s small but really cool.

I was actually talking to my roommate about it and I’m half wondering if Firestorm was targeted for this, honestly. Orbit DVD is right down the street and has way better stuff to steal. I don’t remember any cameras in there last time I went either :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Property is theft, I always say!

2 Likes

Orbit is a fucking treasure, and I would take it very personally if it got robbed. An honest-to-god video rental store with a huge back catalog, as well as used games (video and some board)? In this day and age, it’s the kind of place that helps me keep some of my sanity.

4 Likes

A lot of victim blaming going on in the comments here. I wonder what the rules say about that…

7 Likes

The robbed store is FOR anarchy. Apple and Starbucks are not. Too many anarchists want anarchy until it shows up at their front door. While they may not havr deserved to be robbed they seem to be more welcoming to it than a big Corporate chain like Starbucks or apple. And at least this bookstore stuck to their moral compass and practiced their ideology

I have little doubt that the people who run this bookstore would find many other potential crime victims to be entirely deserving

No. They are not. Go read what they wrote again. They did not “welcome it”, they noted how it has a much bigger impact on their store than a large chain.

9 Likes

Also, some people seem to be struggling with basic reading comprehension. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh, they aren’t victims. This whole things is a brilliantly executed viral marketing campaign.

/s

2 Likes

Considering that this theft doesn’t appear to be anarchist I don’t know what your point is.

It was Proudhon who said that the concept of private property that we are all forced to live under is theft. Unless you have evidence that the money taken was given to the commons then I’d say that this theft is a capitalistic one, even if those who took it aren’t capitalists.

16 Likes

See, they’re not REAL anarchists, or they’d be living in a squats and burning shit down! /s

8 Likes

I also get the feeling that some people need to attend Anarchism 101.

http://anarchism.pageabode.com/afaq/index.html

16 Likes

Most of what I learned about anarchism came from reading about the Spanish Civil War and this guy

9 Likes

Probably. They seem to have bought into the propaganda that anarchy is just about chaos and randomly destroying shit… :roll_eyes:

There are probably worst places to start than Dennis.

12 Likes

The one reason that I can think of for this being opportunistic rather than targeted is that the far-right tend to set fire to radical bookstores.

11 Likes

That’s not what anarchists mean by anarchy.

6 Likes

I concur…

3 Likes

Mod note: we have a Rule against victim blaming here on the BBS.

9 Likes