An owner of the Golden State Warriors claims "no one cares about the Uyghur Muslims"

Translation: I care more about making even more ridiculous amounts of money than I do about human rights abuses and will happily and eagerly do business with the perpetrators.

9 Likes

Human rights and all aside, the thought of having a GOLF COURSE in SA just boggles my mind. How they can keep grass alive in that climate… Oh wait, it’s a petrostate.

5 Likes

Yet another one of those, “I got mine, fuck everybody else!” types, just like that horrid, anti-immigrant, tory daughter of immigrants priti patel.

6 Likes

Um…

A hefty portion of San Francisco Bay Area residents would probably beg to differ.

That said, dude is still a flaming asshole.

9 Likes

Aw… Curry baby!!!

6 Likes

She’s eight nine years old now; how time flies…

*Edited to correct my grievous, unforgivable numerical error

6 Likes

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

8 Likes

Assuming you mean Riley Curry, she’s nine.

1 Like

My sense of time got a bit skewed because 2020 lasted a freakin’ decade, but thanks anyway for taking the opportunity to correct me on a minor side tangent.

7 Likes

Big shock: Guy who fled political violence and became rich in tech now struggles to care about poitical violence

[…]

The blunt comments were made during the latest episode of All-In, a podcast in which Palihapitiya chats to investors and entrepreneurs Jason Calacanis, David Sacks, and David Friedberg about technology.

The group were debating the Biden administration’s response to what’s said to be China’s crackdown of Uyghur Muslims when Palihapitiya interrupted and said: “Nobody cares about what’s happening to the Uyghurs, okay? … I’m telling you a very hard ugly truth, okay? Of all the things that I care about … yes, it is below my line.”

You can watch the full episode below (skip to 14:58 to hear Palihapitiya’s comments.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.