An update from the War on Rats

It has just occured to me - anything that has beed declared a “War on [insert whatever]” during the last 60 years or so has not been met with a lot of success.

Obviously, what we need is a re-branding.” – That guy from marketing everybody hates

Arthur: Have you found a solution?
Ford: No, but I’ve got a different name for the problem!

2 Likes

How well do those IR motion detectors work against rat-sized stuff?

There is a guy in Alberta who is working on a solution. He has already built a “better mouse trap” which is being used in feed mills and mills producing human food as well. His clients in other provinces need a rat trap as effective as his mouse trap.
Alberta is Rat Free.

This trap is not for the average consumer - unless they have “deep pockets and a pathological hatred of mice”. I qualify on the later if not the former…

Essentially it is a vacuum system, the mouse breaks a motion sensor a trap door opens and the mouse hits the first corner (humanely) at speed. The system collects data on how many mice enter the trap and from which direction.

His company is “beaten path”

2 Likes

Buttercup: What about the R.O.U.S.'s?
Westley: Rodents of Unusual Size? I don’t think they exist.
R.O.U.S.: RAGH! [attacks Westley]

1 Like

The War on X always ends with the last helicopters leaving from the roof of the American embassy with desperate people clinging to its undercarriage.

2 Likes

I used to do something similar (not a park, but a stretch of hunting land).

That is, until I saw the mice running under the wheels of the car as we pulled away. Went back and looked. Dead.

That video made me LOL, especially the sound.

You’re going about this all wrong. Capture them, train them and use them to kill your enemies.

2 Likes

Rats are usually very taxing on local wildlife so i don’t think it’s exactly responsible releasing vermin back out unless they’re part of the local native fauna. Which most city rats aren’t.

2 Likes

Chicago! Chicago! That rat filled town…

1 Like

You can’t hold yourself responsible for their suicide.

2 Likes

Except the Wars on Poverty and Crime. The helicopters are generally used as spotlights. In fact, I’m not sure they are different wars.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.