Anderson Cooper outs anti-gay Florida Attorney General as hypocrite

Legal issues aside her only public statements about the LGBT community have been in defense of the marriage ban and Florida’s ban on letting same-sex couples adopt children.

If she felt in private that those laws were unjust or unnecessary, if she found them reprehensible, why not say so now?

Clarence Darrow believed Leopold and Loeb deserved a fair trial but I don’t think he tried to hide the repugnance he felt at what they’d done.

9 Likes

Depends upon the particular hospital’s rules. I’m also a child, sister and in-law of nurses, and at one time I worked in both the pharmacy and lab in a hospital. ICU areas can be very restrictive, and usually the doctors are the ones asking for the restrictions. The hospitals where I currently live is really strict because some patients are gun-shot victims and they don’t want to let a retaliation shooter have access.

When my mom headed up the labor and delivery area at the hospital where I worked, she actually restricted post-partum visitors to two people of mother’s choice. As a mother of five, she was a firm believer in post-partum depression that can be exacerbated by the lack of sleep brought on by entertaining parents, in-laws, and other assorted visitors.

6 Likes

I’ve experienced it in my lifetime, most recently 14 years ago. And none of the examples I’ve personally witnessed happened to be about a gay couple, so it’s not even that.

8 Likes

So IOW, “Don’t worry about your lack of legal rights, hospital staff almost always ignore that stuff. You’ll pretty much be able to visit whoever you want in the hospital whenever you want.”

Um, I think most people would prefer legal rights, instead of having to rely on the kindness of strangers. It’s great not to be a de jure second-class citizen, even when MOST people MOST of the time treat you like a first-class one.

17 Likes

Bye Felipe.

3 Likes

She completely skipped over the part where AGs get to choose which cases they take up. She chose to pursue the gay marriage case. I can believe that she has no problem with gays and lesbians. She’s something much worse than a bigot: A brazen political opportunist who will foment discord to further her career.

7 Likes

I don’t have to respect her. She needs to respect others before she earns my respect. I don’t just have that out to nutters because they’re religious.

Jim Jones was religious. Jim Bakker is religious. That didn’t mean I need to respect them.

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.