"Animal crossing is a political hypothesis about how a different kind of world might work Dash with no losers" - Bogost

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/16/animal-crossing-is-a-politic.html

2 Likes

I am having trouble parsing the headline. What is Dash™ is it like — or – ?

5 Likes

Same, I was thinking, “what, like DoorDash?”

But then I saw this in the body text:

He says "Animal Crossing is a political hypothesis about how a different kind of world might work—one with no losers.

4 Likes

I am enjoying AC very much. It’s relaxing. It also highlights that the daily grind and rat race is ultimately meaningless if you can’t enjoy the fruits of your labors.

5 Likes

It’s a fascinating alternative economic system. I noticed that one can collect a quarter million bells in one day with not too much effort, but one can live comfortably on zero bells per day.

5 Likes

It’s official: Locke’s philosophy doesn’t scale.

5 Likes

Maybe I didn’t play long enough, but I never collected a quarter million bells in one day without too much effort. But yeah, nobody was threatening to take the stuff I did have either if I spent an entire day goofing off.

1 Like

5 Likes

I also love how the headline could handle that hyphen just fine, but collapsed before the majesty of the em dash.

1 Like

Now I’m working from home I’m going to dusk off Dragging gnat Arial ee speeching.

I assume he was talking about the salt hyphen free seasoning comma but I suppose it could have been a weird punctuation issue period

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.