Announcing Apollo 1201: Eradicate DRM within a decade!

[Permalink]

7 Likes

How could you waste your energy on such a trivial cause when there’s another cause I feel is much more important?

3 Likes
7 Likes

Good Luck With That™

Trolling?

Pretty transparently, I thought.

Kinda obviously satrollical, I think.

‘DRM’ always seemed like a bit of a misnomer to me. My rights aren’t being ‘managed’, they’re being stolen.

DRT - Digital Rights Theft - would be a more honest acronym.

2 Likes

Digital Restrictions Management.
That sounds more like the truth.

Good effort. Should be augmented with development of tools for silicon-level hacking, to make it more accessible and less esoteric. And tools for code visualisation and other reverse-engineering aids.

Because we need multipronged strategy. PR, legal, technical, swarm the enemy across fields and across jurisdictions.

3 Likes

I hope a custom Linux distribution comes out of this. One with a browser that doesn’t put up with bullshit, and all sorts of other tools.

2 Likes

Good luck and happy hunting. We’re all rooting for you.

3 Likes

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of our digital rights and how even small decisions now will have exponential impacts in years to come in ways we cannot even yet imagine. You are helping to shape the future of all of us for the better. Thank you.

2 Likes

Digital Restrictions Management is bad for creators, whether they’re artists, writers, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, or whathaveyou. Moreover, DRM is a threat to our very culture and heritage. It treats fans, makers, experimenters, and paying customers – yeah, how else do you think artists can survive?! – as criminals.
Over the last decade or so, I’ve been trying to avoid buying hardware and software that doesn’t do what I want it to do, but major studios and the likes of Apple and Amazon have most of the media/content all stitched-up.
Enough! End it.

Thank you, you have all my support.

As soon as the call for help goes out, I’m game.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.