AOC doesn't let gun CEO play stupid about white supremacy tattoos in ads (video)

Because you missed what I said about the swastika there?

Some of these weapons end up in so-called third world countries. Places that suffer from high levels of violence caused by guerrillas, terrorism and the infamous war on drugs.

You have mass shootings. We have gang wars and kids shot on their way tô school every month.

10 Likes

Virtually every illegal gun in Canada comes from the US also. Shooting sprees are rare here, but when they happen they are inevitably carried out by weapons that cannot be acquired in any legal way in this country. So guess where they are coming from– south of that little dotted line there on the 49th parallel. :unamused:

We’d all be a lot better off if America stopped making so many goddam guns.

18 Likes
8 Likes

The point stands, though. As long as these assholes are appropriating these things, they are tainted. If you want to do something about that, don’t just pretend like you can slap it on a shirt and fix it. The work of dealing with racism and white supremacists has to be done first.

12 Likes

8 Likes

I think most Hindus would say they haven’t reclaimed the Swastika because they never lost it. I was recently sat in an Indian restaurant in Germany that included Swastikas as part of the wall decoration. It was no big deal for anyone there. Were I to paint the same symbol on their front door with a can of spray paint, I would be arrested and could spend up to 3 years in prison. Context is all.

If we can deal with racism and white supremacists (one can dream), the use of symbols will fall into place all by itself. The Valknot is only problematic because there are idiots out there who understand it to have a particular meaning.

1 Like

Your plan is backwards.

You deal with it by calling out their use every time leaving racists nothing to hide behind.

9 Likes

You go forwards, I’ll go backwards, and hopefully we meet in the middle :wink:

Why the fuck would you want to go backwards when there’s obvious Nazis around?

8 Likes

It’s all relative. I think you have it backwards. But who am I to tell you I’m right and you’re wrong? I think we’re both trying to reach the same goal, and that seems to be more important, so long as we get there somehow.

Bionic sound effect as the map zooms in on Texas.

11 Likes

My god… deal with white supremacist… if only someone had JUST said that shit… /s

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

9 Likes

Nothing ever just ‘fixes itself’ or “works itself out in time,” dude; that’s not only mere wishful thinking, it’s lazy and complacent as fuck.

No, it’s really not.

You can’t be on ‘both sides’ of the Edmund Pettus Bridge, yo.

11 Likes
10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.