AOC feints towards fully automated luxury communism

I’ve seen like zilch about AOC from the 40-somethings genX democratic evangelists I know. They still seem to be largely concerned with debunking Bernie’s motives and backers and pumping the Hillary/the DNC establishment, and they are HUGE treknerds.

11 Likes

That’s what they’re like.

It’s all like that thing that happened with what she wore on her first day. It didn’t matter what she would have chosen, people were going to complain.

9 Likes

circular logic is circular, yes

you can prove anything with the argument “most people want X and always have and always will”

… IF

• you are sufficiently vague about what X is, exactly

• you are sufficiently vague about what it is you are supposedly proving, and

• you have no real point to make except that other people are wrong

good luck with all that

9 Likes

Really? You have to ask that question in the social media age?

“Nike Avatar, I need some running shoes. Here’s a scan of my foot, my height and weight, and my average kilometer pace. I like the color green.”

“Thank you. Your shoes will arrive by drone delivery in 27 minutes.”

6 Likes

There is enough food produced in the world to feed everyone a healthy diet. The problem isn’t scarcity, it’s distribution.

Now apply that to energy (assuming technology moves at it’s current pace, renewable energy sources will exceed demand in the not-too-distant future). Now apply that to [resource that was perceived to be limited or scarce]. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

“What money?” Money is really only needed to facilitate the distribution of scarce resources. If scarcity goes away, who needs money?

8 Likes

One of us appears to use circular logic, yes.

And, frankly, I really wonder what is going on here. I would have thought that people here would have been interested to know what happened in other countries.

7 Likes

I’m been waiting for the Vulcans to show up for years.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.