Apple Watch pulled from shelves over patent ruling

Thing is, any and all complaints about this are somehow unfair, as offering your labor to the highest bidder is somehow not being loyal to the company, but if they need to bin you to ensure the shareholder dividends return that vital amount… bend over and kiss.

1 Like

After decades of software firms colluding with each other to suppress wages using “anti-poaching” unwritten agreements, poach away, I say. Especially ironic that Apple is poaching considering how much of a role Steve Jobs in organizing those anti-poaching agreements.

I’m not defending it, just explaining it’s a real thing. If you are a hiring manager and you move to another company, you need to be really careful about how you hire former employees that worked for you. There’s a lot of “wink wink nudge nudge” that goes on. Like it’s perfectly cool for someone to say, “hey manager who I liked from before can you hire me at your new company” versus the manager saying, “I’m leaving for company X and I’ll make sure you get hired there too.” The latter could get people into trouble.

I remember the bone weary “get me the fuck out of here feeling” of 3L or 4L, so cheers and congrats!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.