April saw the biggest inflation since 2008, but no need to panic

I thought that perhaps you were quoting exorbitant California proces there. I got similar sticker shock last night here in Ilinois. My daughter needed a half-sheet of CDX plywood (the cheap stuff) which usually runs about $18 or so ($15 on sale). Menards wanted $56 bucks!

3 Likes

Everyone I know here in Joshua Tree has put there building projects on hold, it sucks because there ain’t anything to do otherwise. Instead of building a car port to shield from the sun, I used heavy duty industrial tarp and anchored them onto 6x6x10’s. it’ll have to do, until the prices fall…

3 Likes

I had a stack of used 2x4s in my yard. I used them for my daughter’s project, after all what could the really be worth? A few bucks? In today money it would have cost about $150.

On the plus side, I did get to make a very nice compost bin with my daughter and didn’t spend a fortune.

5 Likes

Maybe the crap, but the landrace strains that grew in select places were not low quality… they’re just uneconomical to grow, nobody wants to wait 4 or 5 months for a 15 foot plant to finish flowering. I’ve grown some plants that were just crosses of landrace strains (mullimbimby madness being one), and there was no problem with potency there (that stuff was rocket fuel 100% not bedtime weed).

1 Like

You win parent of the week!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.