Are conservatives more likely to be offended?

Plenty of authoritarians on both sides, and the label doesn’t change meaning from day to day. A good choice of word.

True, it was not very flattering, but calling it “name calling” seemed, well, wrong. I am disappointed that he decided to behave as predicted instead of, oh, say, proving he didn’t have a chip on his shoulder.

I do question your equivalency of authoritarians on both sides, though. My experience has been that Will Rogers’ old quip still holds true: “I don’t belong to an organised party, I am a Democrat.” Not to deny that there are authoritarians amongst the Democrats, but they are much fewer as Democratic supporters take perverse pride in questioning authority. That has been my observation, at least.

Interesting. I haven’t seen any correlation like that in my area. Of course I live in an extremely blue state, where anyone who self-identifies as Republican is by definition a renegade who questions authority.

Come on, this is silly. I’m as liberal as the day, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be on your side in this stupid fight you’ve decided to pick.

Your comments and later protestations of innocence are the same as one sibling saying to the other

Little brothers are ugly and they always disagree with what I say
“No I don’t!”
See, you proved it!!! And why did you think I was talking about you?

Just because this BBS allows people to be signaled by name, doesn’t mean this feature should be used for personal attacks. @Felton?

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m closing this topic.

2 Likes