Bacon and eggs grilled in air

Stupid question. Who’s that guy?

2 Likes

You know what? You’re right. Fuck, now I need some welding goggles to cook. And some pants.

Serious overkill. The cheap $2-or-so plastic ones are way enough. I keep a pair at every work table so they are never too far to bother to reach for. Heavier-duty is warranted only for welding and grinding, where intense light (the self-darkening helmet is WELL worth the money even for casual work!) or high-speed particles are encountered. Safety should not be cumbersome, then it is skipped and instead of lowering the risk a further notch you’re back at increasing it; at the moment a measure gets annoying, step back and find an alternative.

OTOH, if it is the only pair on hand, it’s good enough.

Edit: Also, a free trick for a cluttered shop. The tools needed most often (Allen keys for the lathe knife holder, chuck keys, goggles (their edges, NOT the “working surfaces”)…) are much easier to find when painted fluorescent-orange. One of the tricks done on a whim and turned out working even better than hoped for.

3 Likes

Don’t get carried away, now…
Just toss on this

As a hobbiest home brewer I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve seen people lift five gallons of boiling sugar over their heads.

Pumps, splash guards, induction heating, silicone tubing, and antifoam acids FTW.

Eeeeep!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.