Bartender magic that's impressive even if you're sober

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/02/703618.html

1 Like

whoa. very good. i hope he cleans up in tips every dang night.

4 Likes

Well done!

4 Likes

Video’s auto-playing on blog view.

4 Likes

The presentation is great. The technique is comically easy to see if you follow the limes and think about how cups work (there isn’t even any sleight of hand), but it’s all about presentation, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I have no idea how he did that. Please explain.

2 Likes

If you watch when he removes the stacked cups, he keeps the lime in the second cup, then uses that cup to cover the next lime. When he lifts the cup, boom, two limes. (And so forth.)

2 Likes

Oh, and there’s an extra lime to start that he slips into the first cup. That I guess is the one bit of sleight of hand.

2 Likes

This is a pretty good explanation of how it’s done.

There’s a second bit about 30 seconds in after he revealed 4 limes where he swaps out a shaker that’s been prepared with fruit from behind the bar. Upending the shaker the first time reveals berries, he then smacks the shaker on the bar to dislodge an orange which appears the second time he lifts it.

8 Likes

Adding the berries was pretty clear to me, though – the last cup spent a LOT of time behind the counter.

2 Likes

Took me a couple of watches to notice it. I’m a pretty easy mark tho.

2 Likes

I think that being taken in is probably more fun than spotting the trick. :wink:

6 Likes

Can he make an Old Fashioned appear under one of those? :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Niiiiice!

1 Like

Penn and Teller would disagree… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmwT7L0hToQ

3 Likes

Auto-playing in a cropped window where you can’t see the limes at the bottom of the frame. Am I supposed to be impressed by this close up of a guy twirling silver cups? Link gets the full video though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.