BART's twitter manager drops truth-bombs, world cheers

Yeah, water is probably a bad example given history.

2 Likes

missed that earlier. seattle side near northgate mall with an drive to an office on eastgate. so I-5 and I-90 and yeah not going afford moving. and besides all the good stuff to do outside of work is on this side of the lake.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one long ass commute.

I moved from around 90th and Northgate Way to Kenmore about 13 years ago to avoid the bridges when going to Microsoft. Of course, a few years later I moved to California.

What a great way to turn consumers back into citizens!

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much what has been done in France for the past few decades. And typically public transportation is handled at the intercommunal level. (that is for urban areas, mind you, rural areas are another matter entirely)

2 Likes

well when we got the place my commute was northbound to the everett plant and the wife worked downtown.

Also, water is pretty bad at recognizing state boundariesā€¦ Of course states and local communities need to be part of the conversation and if the water in question is within a state boundary, then itā€™s a state issue, Iā€™d argueā€¦ And of course, water out west is much more of a political issue then it is here, for obvious reasons.

ā€œWe need to replace 90 miles of trackā€

The entire system only runs 104 miles. That makes 14 miles that *donā€™t need to be replacedā€¦

1 Like

On average, there are more than two tracks along each line.
http://www.bart.gov/about/history/facts

1 Like

Oh, you live in the Bay Area too?

*lolz

1 Like

Ah, this guy is kinda like that little kid in the Emperorā€™s New Clothes; The only one with enough nerve to not pretend that the obvious problem evident to everyone doesnā€™t even exist.

Good for him.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.