Beauty tips for male Lego execs

[Permalink]

2 Likes

As much as I love the snarky response I’d really like to know who at Lego came up with this and what rock they’ve been hiding under for the past decade or so. Haven’t we been through this? Has Lego learned nothing from previous cases? It seems like for the step forward they took they’ve taken two back.

7 Likes

Naaa. Clever concept, but it’s much too hostile to be funny.

Also, is the Boing Boing broken? I haven’t seen the front page change in 7 hours.

3 Likes

Y’know, maybe it is hostile. But also maybe we’re a little tired of having our pre-pubescent daughters told how to make themselves attractive to males. Lego’s certainly not the first.

13 Likes

Can’t say I blame you

No. Not at all.

Oh, well, maybe then.

3 Likes

If Emma were an optometrist instead of an owner of a beauty shop, her professional journals would have guides like this.

1 Like

It’s warranted hostility. Where does Lego get off giving my kids beauty tips?

3 Likes

I bet the boys are learning about ultra secret ninja death moves right about now!

2 Likes

Is there a pamplet inside telling them how to look more handsome? I see your point, but having three daughters and seeing the messages being sent to them is eye opening. My favorite is “Be confident!” Why? Because it’s healthy? Nope - because it’s attractive and sexy.

2 Likes

Meek submissiveness can be equally attractive and sexy. Why isn’t Lego promulgating that line of bullshit?

2 Likes

You’ll have to ask them. Let google auto-fill “confidence is”. “Sexy” was #2 in my list.

1 Like

It goes without saying that there aren’t any “Lego Friends” minifigs sitting at that boardroom table. Their asses aren’t even designed to lock on to the seats.

3 Likes

And Benedict Cumberbatch thinks “feminism is sexy.” This is apparently controversial in some parts of the world.

1 Like

This is how a Lego Friends “mini-doll” sits

Until you actually try to play with the vehicle, at which point she just falls out. (I know, my kids have lots of Legos.)

1 Like

Persecute! Kill the heretic!

Also, unless she’s British, she’s letting the dog drive, which seems, y’know, not smart.

3 Likes

Seems better that the dog drives than she tries to drive with her feet, as she seems to be doing.

2 Likes

Oh, it’s worse than you think. I even use that term to refer to the Mega Bloks products which are mixed throughout the bins of Lego bricks in an act of blatant miscegenation.

10 Likes

Dear God, did you have to link to breitbart?

3 Likes