Beer company in trouble for "reindeer orgy" beer cans

That depends - were they drinking beer or, worse, did they have a durrie afterwards?

2 Likes

You never know.

7 Likes

Can’t be any worse than Schaefer.

1 Like

This is a sin against all human kind!
Christmas cookie flavored beer.

3 Likes

If a company can’t follow label rules, it makes me wonder if they are skipping any food safety rules.

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t end like this:

9 Likes

Funny how freedom of speech ends in front of „obscenity“, especially when the obscenity in question is five pixel reindeers.

2 Likes

That, and the $1000 is more than outweighed by the publicity this garnered.

2 Likes

Awwww! They’re just cuddling!

5 Likes

Schaefer

My dad took the family on the tour of their shiny new brewery in Allentown in 73 or so. I was eight or nine, and all I remember is the unpleasant smell.

I thought the building was pretty cool, though.

7 Likes

Yet nobody’s talking about the disposable plastic holding the cans together. 'Cause that’s the real crime here. A crime against the planet.

That the religulous are unenlightened about sex is nothing new. BoingBoing helping to do free PR for alcohol though is somewhat questionable. Very clever, Sycamore Brewing!

1 Like

So, a gose?

1 Like

Those can holders are recyclable/reusable. The only thing they have in common with old 6-pack rings is that they hold cans together.

2 Likes

No. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Reckon I’m glad someone likes it. I love Shiner Bock (and several of their seasonal/smaller labels) but Shiner Cheer is imo not only the worst beer I’ve ever tasted, but one that when I was a bartender we would have to actively push back against being given promo samples of.

Like we couldn’t spare the space for so much as a sixer of bottles we couldn’t sell and couldn’t legally give away. I don’t think we ever sold a second serving to a single customer.

Either that, or they’re engaging in Reindeer UFC. (It can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes, after all.)

2 Likes

I think the Quay Brothers would appreciate “reindeer orgy” beer cans, especially if the “orgy” was portrayed as an anamorphosis. [source: ‘Institute Benjamenta’]

3 Likes

Of course they are! It’s cold outside, so they’re hugging to share body heat.

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

This exists.

How do you feel about “Christmas Cake, Plum Pudding & Mince Pies” as brewing ingredients?

7 Likes

He’s not a proper Hog Father!

2 Likes