Below the Radar (Issues being eclipsed by coronavirus)

We’re gonna be hearing about corporations censoring speech from conservatives any minute now… /s

11 Likes

Recounting Georgia, someone said?

TBH, I’m not sure what’s going on there. It’s easy to dismiss Ivanishvili based on my prejudice against anyone having more money than its good for anyone. But I have lost track of Georgian domestic politics about the time of the Russian-Georgian war, so I might be wrong.

One thing I know for sure: this will have fallout. Georgia is of great strategic importance. The US know. The CIS know. Russia knows. Turkey knows. Iran knows. So do Armenia and Azerbaijan, and everyone else in the region. This could affect global politics, mark my words.

3 Likes
8 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

We are going to be seeing way more of this as the spivs in power sell off anything they can get their hands on for sweet deals.

6 Likes

1 Like

From the article:

Miami Seaquarium curator Chris Plante said in a written statementthat the whale’s longevity is a testament to the “excellent care” she receives daily from animal training and veterinary care staff over five decades.

“She is a remarkable animal and we are devoted to her,” Plante said.

“Instead of focusing on a perilous move that could endanger the life of Lolita, a 54-year-old orca, the attention of those concerned should be on the plight of the critically endangered orcas currently residing in Puget Sound.”

Way to blame-shift.

8 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

“Foreign agent” bills like the one in :australia: have just been put on the agenda here in :canada:. It’s a subtle point that the rule of law and the laws that are passed are ultimately the expression of a society’s general “temperament” and “values” to begin with… with feedback loops. That one nation we don’t collectively trust suddenly follows suit should have us looking inwards as much as outwards. Just saying…

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes