Bernie Sanders wants Keith Ellison to run the DNC

Run DNC

That’s pretty much my favorite rap group.

8 Likes

My money’s on not, not, and hell fucking not. Their reaction to Ellison will be something like this:

https://twitter.com/FeelTheBern11/status/796721632106737664

4 Likes
3 Likes

No, just no.

Even if this election wasn’t Dumb Trump vs Smart Trump, next election will be.

4 Likes

I saw that retweeted from the same account that thought Tim Kaine was a great choice, so…

5 Likes

I could tell from the profile pic and brief bio that this guy would think Tim Kaine was a great choice.

Now Tim Kaine’s just a pub trivia answer.

4 Likes

The democratic party is what it is. It’s not supposed to be anything. If you have a vision for what you want the democratic party to be, the burden is on you to persuade others of your vision.

2 Likes

Who gives a shit what Bernie Sanders wants? His people handed the election to Trump. He should be ashamed to be seen in public.

1 Like

There’s always the former DNC Vice Chair who was thrown out for supporting Sanders.

Only the ones that voted for Trump or Johnson or Stein, or who insisted on repeating Breitbart talking points all the time. Most of us voted for Clinton.

8 Likes

Who gives a shit what Bernie Sanders wants? His people handed the election to Trump.

What lessons do you think the Dems should take away from this election if you think Bernie’s supporters cost HRC the election?

9 Likes

Except for the actually silent majority of non-voters.

4 Likes

I particulately enjoyed the article and insight into the guy Bernie supports for the DNC. I didn’t know too much about him before and appreciate the insight, especially the video. I just thought it funny that at the end of the article, it suggested we tell our friends to support Ellison as head of the DNC. Unless our friends are the Democratic bigwigs responsible for stealing the nomination from Bernie in the first place, they will have no power to influence the decision.

This idea suggests that if we get enough people to support Ellison, that the DNC will listen, and oblige. This thought is notoriously funny, and I ask every reader to think about the last time the DNC actually cared about what the people wanted and actually did it. I’m not sure I can think of one, but just like Hillary’s positive accomplishments, if you give me long enough, I might be able to come up with something.

1 Like

It was enough.

Every demographic group voted essentially the same as the Obama/Romney election except two: Unmarried men and unmarried women. The democratic part of this group deserted the democratic candidate by 10% (men) and 5%(women). Unmarried democratic leaning voters are probably a pretty good proxy for Bernie Bros.

Did they go to Trump? No. His numbers didn’t change. What did change was a very much larger vote for third parties. Like it or not, that made all the difference. They probably would not have done that had Sanders not run the last half of his campaign not on issues but on a vitriolic cult of personality, accusations that the election was rigged against him (sound familiar?), and whipping up a white hot hatred of Clinton among his supporters. After Bernie himself has called her a crook, why would they ever vote for her?

Some people wanted to maintain their purity intact, and in so doing handed the world over to Trump. Bernie made that possible. Fuck him.

Keep fighting between ourselves, and we’ll keep seeing GOP victories.

Sanders went easy on Clinton, and campaigned for her after she won the nomination. She lost because people didn’t want her to be president. Do you think she was amazingly popular before the primaries?

11 Likes

Review my posting history, you won’t find many people on BB as willing as I am to insist that 3rd parties and their voters share responsibility for what happened or to criticize repetition by the left of right-wing tropes. However, I believe that most Sanders supporters did not become 3rd party, certainly not Libertarian (the domininant 3rd party nearly everywhere), and as the majority of responsibility for the loss can undeniably be laid at the feet of Clinton and her people it is unreasonable to direct your ire at Sanders.

10 Likes

Possible slogans:

• “Older & Crustier”
  • “Still peddling worn out 1970s ideals!”
  • “Make America Broke Again!”
2 Likes

Sigh. I know she doesn’t want to run. I have to respect that. And I hate the idea of dynastic politics. But I love the idea of Michelle saying, “you fucked with the Obama legacy? Now you have me to deal with. I’m all in.” I’d vote for her. It would be a supreme joy to vote for her.

4 Likes

I had the pleasure of voting for Ellison’s first two terms and I paid a fair amount of attention to him then. Now I’m in Bonamici’s district. I think he’s capable of doing what the head of the DNC needs to do most right now: find candidates to run everywhere. Take a 50 state, every county strategy to the field. Of course, Dean can do that too, but I want someone with a little less history. We need people who will walk willingly into elections they know they will lose in deeply red areas. I strongly feel that sends a message.

Bothering to field a candidate even in deeply red areas sends the message that we think left wing values are for everyone. The combination of not even fielding a candidate and calling people who vote right wing racist is condescending. We can field good people in places like South Carolina who will have important messages, and they won’t win, but there will be synergy between the top and bottom of the ticket.

To be clear, I think voting for Trump, regardless of the reasons the person said they voted that way, is racist. Tacit approval of racism by voting for a racist candidate because you care about his other positions more is racist. But we cannot abandon people at the lower level. Too many lower level races go unopposed. Plus, that is where you start developing the people who climb higher and higher on the ticket.

6 Likes

Look, I don’t know how Bernie would fund any of that, and it was a serious mark on his candidacy (his tax plan would not counterbalance his proposed expenditures) but we’re going to be broke from THE WALL anyway, so who cares?

I just tweeted my support, signed up (again) for Bernie’s list and signed up to give him 10 bucks a month.

I suggest everyone who voted for Clinton but wants revolutionary change do the same.

Dean can be assistant chair. His 50 state strategy was great but he can let a non white non Christian true progresive lead. I say this as someone who worked for healthcare reform since '92 and is against Medicare for all (because it isn’t affordable). If we can get a public option outta Trump it’s almost worth the shitstorm we face for at least the next two years.

7 Likes