Billy Dare and the Mystery in the Public Domain

Not as good as the Herbert the Duck movie. :smile::+1:

10 Likes

Oops! Okay, this is funny. I’m not going to edit my goof :smiley:

7 Likes

Own it! :smile:

1 Like

Romeo & Juliet is probably the best example of how something can enter the public domain and be transformed, over and over again, into something new and occasionally impactful.

3 Likes

80% of everything is rubbish, so why should remixes and riffs off newly public domain properties be different?

Time will filter the crap out, and culture will be enriched by the good stuff.

4 Likes

Like this awesome version?

ETA: I just learned that Tromeo and Juliet was James Gunn’s first film! And he’s the same age as me! And he’s from St. Louis! whew

5 Likes

And what about the son that Holmes had out of wedlock with his housekeeper, Mrs. Hudson? I believe that he eventually went to work for the Wooster family in some capacity?

3 Likes

It would be unseemly to use this material in my opinion, sir.

3 Likes

He did quite well for himself.

6 Likes

Can we sneak-in Benoit Blanc? Pleassse?

2 Likes

And the connection to Count Dracula…?

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Dracula. He’s an old friend of the family

2 Likes

The tragedy of the commons was coined by this guy

6 Likes

That Hardin’s tragedy was advanced as part of a white nationalist project should not automatically condemn its merits.

:thinking:

5 Likes

Will the trains run on time? Ok then, I guess I’m onboard! /S

4 Likes

… stay classy, Scientific American

Don’t ever change :grimacing:

7 Likes

“Facts” from 1927 will suddenly become truer than their copyrighted refutations.

3 Likes

[citation needed][original research]

2 Likes

Wives. At least one of them was said to have died.

4 Likes

Ah yes, I definitely said burn it all…

No wait, I just said that the people who were immediately jumping on things that had entered the public domain seemed much more concerned with making money than actually creating something worthwhile with the idea. Which, if I’m not mistaken, is also what the cartoon seems to be pointing out.

BTW, this is me disagreeing with your response, not calling for you to be banned. :roll_eyes: