Binge-watch 'Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/15/binge-watch-mythic-quest-ravens-banquet-for-a-pandemic-good-time.html

This is me being annoyed that I watched the video before noticing it’s only on Apple.

I already have Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, HBO Max, and Hulu. Add Spotify, and I am already paying way too much for monthly media consumption!

6 Likes

jah> only on Apple

Trailers are a bit of an invitation to rebuild the whole filmic world by yourself. Because marshmallows dry faster that way and you get to re-situate your bipin lamps and drop HBO Max and Dis…wait, so you’re supposed to buy an Apple device. Huh. Easier than being Huawei-curious…maybe. Definitely lets you skip getting a visa to Guangdong or Jiangji Normal U. or wherever.

2 Likes

I have zero interest in video games and I still found Mythic Quest funny enough to watch the entire season.

3 Likes

You forgot to mention Nebula Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham.

This is me sharing your pain. I got excited by this- the world needs another Grandma’s Boy, and the cast is great. Then I saw the TV+ logo and had a sad.

I don’t know if this works for your media consumption habits, but my strategy has been to subscribe to whichever service has a particular show I want to watch and then immediately cancel. Most of those services will let you use the month you paid for even after cancelling/disabling auto-renew. I end up only paying for one or two services in any given month, but cycle through all the different ones so I can watch whichever shows I’m interested in at the time.

I’m still on a yearlong trial of Apple TV+ from a hardware purchase, but once that expires, it will go into the same rotation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.