Bird flapping in wind

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/bird-flapping-in-wind.html

3 Likes

We just got electric scooters here in Chicago (from six different scooter companies at once!). But what I don’t understand is: how is this product/business model supposed to work in the winter?

4 Likes

Foot warmers?

3 Likes

I want to see who foots the bill when a snowplow digests one of these things that ended up laying in the gutter before a big snowfall…

6 Likes

Haha, I was thinking more of tangles of scooters buried under massive icy snowdrifts thrown over them by street snowplows.

8 Likes

Bye Bye Birdie!

4 Likes

I simply cannot imagine people riding scooters in during a Chicago winter. Of course, I have trouble imagining a Chicago winter in the first place.

1 Like

It laid off about 5% of its staff, including cuts to its government relations team.

Oh. Fewer lobbyists.

I like that imagery. It works.

2 Likes

It would seem that this high-flying Bird ran out of runway at the worst possible moment.

1 Like

“That is just tragic, sir. Here, fill out this form please”

1 Like

Don’t question our business model. We’re on the bleeding edge!

When I attended a conference in Long Beach CA recently, these things were all over the place (unsure of company). I was pretty surprised one day to see people riding them all over the place. The next day, seemingly nobody, and there were scooters discarded all over the place (sidewalks, planters, green areas, etc…).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.