Bird Scooter tried to censor my Boing Boing post with a legal threat that's so stupid, it's a whole new kind of wrong

I’m fine with eider.

36 Likes

I’m surprised the EFF didn’t cite Arkell v. Pressdram, too…

7 Likes

Now the puns are bringing me down.

22 Likes

Do you think you can… take these broken wings, and learn to fly again?

33 Likes

You missed a two-fer - “I’m down with eider”

32 Likes

Damn. You could knock me over with a feather.

33 Likes

That there is only one post talking about the cease and desist is a real flight of fancy.

Duck it, I’m out…

28 Likes

“As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of bird puns approaches 1.”
– Godwit’s Law

37 Likes

That’s a bit much to swallow.

31 Likes

I believe you are referring to Larkell v Crestdram?

13 Likes

Since it’s not yet been said: Christ, what assholes.

11 Likes

I would say its about flipping the Bird but it looks like Bird is flipping out here.

17 Likes

Just make them aware that a connected dildo has better security than their scooters.

14 Likes

Yeah, they really fowled up this time, somebody oughta flip them the bird!

19 Likes

I think it’s justice enough that the dodos will need to foot the bill for their frivolous threats.

13 Likes

Me responding to all the bird puns in this thread.

Imgur

32 Likes

I’m getting a hawkward feeling about them.

17 Likes

Relax, we’re just falcon around.

19 Likes

The original post was a reblog from JWZ - do we know if he get a similar bogus legal threat and is getting assistance from the EFF?

3 Likes

Listen, this letter may seem flighty, but the next one could come from a real legal eagle. Speech issues like this are really a canary in the coal mine. We can only hope it rolls like water off their backs and the strategy isn’t to peck BB to death with threats like this.

This is the time that websites need to flock together to ensure that the threat doesn’t migrate from letters to legal action. Also, uhhh, something about beaks.

36 Likes