Bird Scooter tried to censor my Boing Boing post with a legal threat that's so stupid, it's a whole new kind of wrong

You might have reached beak bird pun right there.

21 Likes

Yeah , toucan play at that game.

27 Likes

Now you’re just parroting the talking points.

21 Likes

I keep heron that, but I dunnock if its true. I mean, its easy to snipe.

17 Likes

Don’t be a tit.

19 Likes

This.These turkeys may be stork raving raven cuckoo, but if we quail at their threats, they will just goose it up next time. We mustn’t stick our heads in the sand.

[edited to add “raven”. C’mon, could you have resisted?]

22 Likes

I am in love with you all, and you have restored my faith in humanity.

48 Likes

On a more serious note, what do people think about the idea of a ballot initiative to make it so that people like Linda Kwak would lose their license to practice law in California for doing shit like this?

4 Likes

What a peep show!

17 Likes

I was going to post some kind of bird pun, but I chickened out.

25 Likes

http://instantrimshot.com/

4 Likes

Yeah, maybe we should tweet about this.

24 Likes

jive-turkey-gif-1

15 Likes

Finally, someone taking this as seriously as it should be taken.

4 Likes

Is signing a go-fuck-yourself response “Very truly yours” the legal equivalent of “Bless your heart”?

7 Likes

Quite probably.

Bird’s lawyer completely missed the phrase “legally acquired” in the original article; If they were that protective about their hardware, then why did they let the city auction them off instead of paying the fines and getting them out of the impound lot?

Just saying.

9 Likes

if your business model is threatened by free speech (ie. mentioning and linking) you’re going to have a bad time

(and lack of funding eventually for the whole stupid business, yay)

5 Likes

To summarize the comments, I have prepared an infographic.

BirdsPuns

22 Likes

The bar association itself would shoot it out of the sky even if such a proposition got on the ballot.

The closest you can get for this result is for a judge (a “beak” as they sometimes call them in England) recommending review proceedings or disbarment for an attorney who wastes his time in a particularly egregious way.

Otherwise, there’s always this existing remedy in CA:

8 Likes

That would raise a lot of hackles.

13 Likes