Bitcoin down 50% since November

Originally published at: Bitcoin down 50% since November | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Keep HODLing, suckers!

12 Likes

At least with tulips you have tulips.

28 Likes

in other words, it’s almost time to buy.

5 Likes

Related. The only thing more foolhardy than making cryptocurrency the foundation of your investment portfolio is making it the foundation of your national economy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-10/el-salvador-s-bitcoin-losses-swell-to-28-as-bukele-buys-more

17 Likes

200-6

7 Likes

This is why it’s so important to diversify your investment portfolio to include NFTs for a bunch of badly drawn, possibly racist ape caricatures.

18 Likes

Maybe or maybe not. Some believe it might be headed to zero or near zero.

3 Likes

This just in: shitty medium of exchange turns out also to be a shitty store of value.

8 Likes

“Hold my beer…” says Canada.

This guy would ban pockets on jeans because there wouldn’t be coins to put in them.

2 Likes

Simple rule of investing: if you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it.

7 Likes

Video Stalking GIF by Jenny Lorenzo

8 Likes

This is Good News for Bitcoin! /s

5 Likes

Not as simple as you are all hoping it is.
And also just temporary.

How’s fiat holding up now?

I’ve had exactly zero problems spending it in any and all places I go, thanks. Works like a charm.

28 Likes

13 Likes

Accepted at fine merchants and banks everywhere around the world. Low latency on transactions. No wild volatility vs other currencies. Not destroying the environment. Holding up pretty well, I’d say.

ETA: also no built-in slide toward deflation.

21 Likes

You can explain if you want but you can’t make us care.

21 Likes

Enlighten us then, please.

4 Likes

As of yesterday…

• If you bought $100 of bitcoin six months ago, you have $50.65 of bitcoin right now.

• If you bought $100 of ethereum six months ago, you have $51.74 of ethereum right now.

• If you bought $100 of BNB six months ago, you have $53.73 of BNB right now.

• If you bought $100 of XRP (Ripple) six months ago, you have $43.13 of XRP right now.

• If you bought $100 of Solana six months ago, you have $30.46 of Solana right now.

• If you bought $100 of Cardano six months ago, you have $33.82 of Cardano right now.

• If you bought $100 of Terra Luna six months ago, you have $119.49 of Terra Luna right now.

• If you bought $100 of Dogecoin six months ago, you have $40.82 of Dogecoin right now.

14 Likes