Black Lives Matter. Still

6 Likes

Misidentification is bad enough when it’s done by people, we definitely don’t need it to get worse…

13 Likes

And it’s yet another non-White person behaving this way…

Are people like that under the mistaken impression that they also have the “complexion for the protection” enjoyed by ‘non-melanated’ people?

Because when push comes to shove, they truly don’t; and that reality check must be a muthafucka…

9 Likes

Even though prosecutors and grand juries are getting it right more often, they still get it wrong way too often:

9 Likes

i’ve met more than enough people who thought they were untouchable by ordinary mortals. i’ve seen it in both very lightly and very heavily “melanated” people of color. i think it’s more along the lines of a weakness or moral failing within the individual as opposed to a delusion of privilege due to skin tone.

i admit that your experiences with that particular type of energy leech could certainly be different from mine. oh, and you’re absolutely right about that reality check. i was riding around with an african-american acquaintance who was in that category. in the course of fifteen minutes he had managed to talk his way through a simple traffic stop raising the stakes to the point that he turned a warning for being 2 mph over the speed limit into an arrest for resisting arrest. i had to wait on the side of the highway until another patrol car could pick me up and take me back to my apartment. it was not a pleasant day for m but it was worse for my acquaintance by far.

10 Likes

Apparently she’s been identified already:

17 Likes

I’m assuming her job won’t be permanente for long…

17 Likes
15 Likes

She’ll have a new one soon as Cancel Culture Victim #43320248193B on Fox (/s)

5 Likes

Maybe not; as she seems Latina instead of White - and Fox has a quite a small quota on employing useful idiots who are self-hating tokens.

14 Likes

They seem fairly tolerant of her type.

9 Likes

But it’s likely those people weren’t caught on camera, embarrassing the company…

12 Likes

My only solace in this scenario is that it will be the classic “15 minutes”.

2 Likes

CA this morning, FL tonight:

18 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in good encouraging news.

“ William H. Regnery II, a racist, reclusive multimillionaire who used his inherited fortune to finance vile white supremacist groups in the hopes of one day forming an American whites-only ethnostate, died earlier this month, his family and associates confirmed. He was 80 years old.”

22 Likes

grumpy-cat-good

May he rot in hell.

13 Likes
16 Likes

Another history lesson…

16 Likes

A few things:
The cops were looking for a dark grey Maxima and she was driving a light grey Altima. Checking the make of car definitely takes less time than getting 4 unmarked cars to a scene.

The Delaware Officer’s Bill of Rights prevents Watson from learning the names of the officers or if they are facing any accountability. Delaware is one of 15 states with that kind of laws. That is beyond fucked up

The intended targets were wanted for robbery at a nearby pawn shop; I just checked Delaware state police’s website and the only report for that day about a pawn shop robbery was this one: Delaware State Police Arrest New Castle Man and Woman for Robbery- New Castle - Delaware State Police - State of Delaware. The relevant parts are that it happened a couple miles south the previous afternoon and on the same day that the officers attacked Martiayna Watson the robbers were arrested at home without incident.

Defund the police, now!

18 Likes

So many bads on so many levels.

O how I can imagine the faces of the police union higher-ups, how much they are going to love that. Not.

(And under most circumstances, I am pro-union.)

11 Likes