Black Lives Matter. Still

From the first story about Trillith…

Trilith Studios and Trilith Development are jointly owned by the family of Dan Cathy, chairman of fast-food giant Chick-fil-A, and Cathy is involved in their day-to-day management and operation, the lawsuit says.

Told You Bloop GIF by The Roku Channel

13 Likes

Here’s a non-paywalled version:

https://archive.ph/OKZn8

ETA: since I can’t add a third post in a row…

15 Likes
15 Likes

The good news is, the person apologized and left the position as a result. But still…

15 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

16 Likes

Today’s google doodle is of note!

Will cross post to magical history tour!

14 Likes

The little game was fun, too!

7 Likes

Did you see the other games, once you go through the initial one? I only played one so far, but there are others, and you can build one yourself!

8 Likes

I didn’t see the other games, but I saw the game edit feature!

6 Likes

You got to go all through the first game, and then it takes you to the other games (meaning, when it points to the edit feature, you edit the game, and then you complete it and it takes you to the other games).

4 Likes

Ugh. I’m so jaded. On the one hand, I’m glad to see officers actually getting charged for this kind of behavior. But it’s also not very surprising at all that the officers are mostly POC, and at least a couple of them are women?
Seems a certain specific demographic is left out of this kind of ‘swift’ judicial action.

13 Likes

So true. Last hired and first fired to be thrown under the bus. In the meantime, the swift and extreme measures for ticketing and collection of fines from POC continue…

…as well as the inequality experienced by incarcerated people:

14 Likes

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

10 Likes

$77. Yet some asshole I will not name, who’s done much more harm, is on the hook for $1.5B and still walks free.

rage GIF

13 Likes

they’re also spending way more to arrest and charge someone for 77 dollars, making it painfully clear it’s not about the money :frowning_face:

9 Likes

AND…

What’s even more strange is that Tucker says multiple people have tried to pay the bill for her mother and were told they couldn’t do so.

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

13 Likes

This report really highlighted parts of the child protection system that are much worse for families than I thought:

11 Likes

Gonna cross-post in the white culture thread, too…

11 Likes

Another by JD Signifier, this time on Black Panther… a bit longer than the previous one:

And here is one on Dave Chappelle:

5 Likes

“Of the 171 reported displaced households, 74 percent were Black, many of whom had owned their homes free and clear,” the lawsuit explains… The 27 plaintiffs represented in Thursday’s lawsuit are both former residents of pre-1970 Albina and descendants of former homeowners whose properties were taken by the city.

12 Likes