Black Lives Matter. Still

15 Likes

Speaking of NYPD, I’m hoping this bears some fruit. https://apnews.com/article/new-york-police-andrew-cuomo-lawsuits-racial-injustice-fbe15d455680884501881a1e094a3179

6 Likes

i listen to the radio in the background sometimes while i work. when i do it’s mostly npr. i’ve been really glad to hear many many stories now on the differences in treatment of violent white insurrectionists and peaceful black lives matter protestors.

one thing they fail to mention – okay maybe exactly one time, in passing – is that the votes republicans claim are fake are from voters who are black. republicans weren’t just seeking to decertify joe biden’s win, they were trying to decertify black voters.

it’s like they just refuse to see it. or maybe they still feel it’s some sort of step too far to factually describe racist actions. it’s almost exactly how media in general is so afraid to call out a lie. only the consequences are much much worse than any simple lie.

15 Likes

Me too.

Also true. They just have not tied those two things together as well as this article does.

I think that’s probably it, or they are still leaning into the “both sides” narrative a bit too much.

17 Likes

I have heard (and overheard) comments from multiple folks who I honestly would not have thought would recognise this, to the effect of “if those people (in DC) had been Black, they would have been massacred.” I take some hope in the fact that this fact has somehow seeped out of forums like this into the more general population, even in a pretty conservative, MAGA-friendly area like this. So I guess there is that.

16 Likes

Hey, at least there are charges filed in this one…

18 Likes
11 Likes

Hmmm…

Authorities declined comment on whether the shooting might have been motivated by race.

Trump supporters? Check.
Shouting racial epithets? Check.
All Lives Matter? Unsure.
Gun-toting & Body Armor? Check.

I guess we’ll never know. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

20 Likes

I cannot like this. What a travesty

15 Likes

Not only that, he has blatantly black guests!

I love West’s mention here of what he’d say if he met Tromp – he’d tell him that he needs to meet up with Jesus because “he specializes in transforming gangsters like you.” :laughing:

15 Likes

“I think Don Lemon should apologize. Telling 75 million Americans they’re on the same side as the Klan may get the left nodding, but further alienates 75 million Americans at a pretty critical time in American history,” Erickson wrote.

wrong-with-you

18 Likes

:heart:

20 Likes

now let’s get her face on the twenty. [ and no special editions please. the real, every day 20. ]

15 Likes

Right? The winner of Best Design* is all set to go already!

*declared by moi

21 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes

Great piece on VRAs.

10 Likes

:fire:

26 Likes
9 Likes