Blue Plague: The Fall, a prepper fantasy

2 Likes

@OtherMichael beat me to it. There is also the book club discussion in the dizzy category as well.

2 Likes

When someone buys a book with DRM (removable or not), he or she gives up the chance to send the author and publisher the important signal (a lost sale) that there are people out there who seriously dislike DRM.

P.S. Another reason for my pointing out Smashwords versions of the Kindle books discussed in these reviews is a response ( Omega 1 Exile, free for Kindle ) to one of my earlier posts indicating that at least some would-be readers are blocked from getting the U.S. Kindle versions of these books.

When I was a kid, I was shopping for a school which would both prepare me for ivy league academia, as well as the zombie apocalypse. They might even be the same thing, really.

Authors are pretty clear that they don’t receive these signals when you do that. They just receive a lost sale. It isn’t up to them, generally, unless they are so successful that they have a pick of publishers.

Frankly, having my books as part of the Kindle ecosystem on a variety of devices that sync outweighs the bother for me of removing the DRM.

that you can remove it isn’t the point. This guy is offering a version that doesn’t have it to begin with.

and I can sync it to my phone, my kindle, and my tablet in real time so my reading position moves on each when I read another chapter? No.

It is the point to me that I can remove and maintain the benefit of the ecosystem. You go hang out with Stallman. :smile:

Sir, no thank you, Sir! I cannot possibly abide such idiosyncrasy!

Some of the books covered in these reviews appear to be by indie authors, who would have more freedom of choice on using DRM.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.