Bluetooth for contact tracing COVID-19

We’ve got a new topic started by @FGD135 on ‘exposure notification’ apps over here:

Personally, I am increasingly worried that I might suffer from some kind of Conspiracy Theory -like delusion. One major feature of CT is that the believers think they are the ones who found a fundamental truth while everyone else is living in an illusion.

I must be wrong. @Aciantis must be wrong, too. I mean, it’s physics and some basic knowledge of technology, but we cannot be the only people who realise this cannot be work because of physics and practical implementation of current tech in smartphones. Right?

Even here on BB BBS some more people would realise this is not working. There are techies here. Other user or even contributors/authors maybe even noticed this topic and forwarded the link to someone they know in the industry, or in academia, working on exposure notification or bluetooth or smartphone tech in general. Or a journalist who knows someone.

FTR: I did. I wrote to someone in the media who I assume is interested in the subject.
I got the publishers response that my message was relayed - but nothing else came out of it. (Which adds to my anxiousness and also prompts questioning myself if I am on the loony train.)

5 Likes