Boring office workers perform epic orchestral tune on typewriters

Originally published at: Boring office workers perform epic orchestral tune on typewriters | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The EVH-themed typewriter was a nice touch

5 Likes

Reminded me vaguely of

(note: there is a longer version with more rooms, and indeed a feature-length film with many more locations, such as an operating theater)

3 Likes

needs an IBM Selectric, but my main thought was that

(1) they are all hunting and pecking. Hands in position, sirs! and

(2) those poor typewriters sure are taking a beating.

2 Likes

They also missed the opportunity to use the sound of paper being rolled into the platen, not to mention being pulled out quickly and crumpled up.

It’s almost as if these guys don’t have any real experience using typewriters and are just parodying playing a musical instrument or something.

4 Likes

I take offense at the phrase “Boring office workers”. “Boring office workers” work for Elon Musk. These guys are musicians.

1 Like

I expected it to be highly percussive, but I also expected it to be more musical, too, given the range of tones from different typewriters, as well as other possible sounds (such as those you mention).

2 Likes

A purist would quibble that a) the typewriters should have paper in the platens b) the typists should be typing real words on said paper and c) the only bell-like sounds should be from the carriage returns.

But it’s all just rock n roll anyway.

2 Likes

Less bells. More cowbell.

1 Like
3 Likes

Came to post some version of this, curious that Leroy Anderson is not credited.

2 Likes

Oh, come on, the Boston Typewriter Orchestra?

These lovely people know exactly what they’re at…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.