Brewers Association to "crack down" on sexist beer ads and labels

Dude fucking really?

13 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you for proving the point I was making. By expressing this point of view women obviously risk losing their jobs and or drawing the ire of their employer.

14 Likes

19 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Of course, really. When men like this find that women can’t stand to be around them they have a lot of time on their hands to demand rights for poor downtrodden males or to find hats, outfits and pickup lines with which to beguile “milady.”

11 Likes

Report from TRL: I was just in my local beer warehouse and took note of beer labels that could be considered offensive and happily it was not that many. Out of 3 10 ft aisles of craft brews the two most offensive were east coast breweries DuClaw of Baltimore, Md. and Flying Dog of Frederick, Md. Again, if you’ve ever been to Maryland you’ll understand. Again, I’m betting that once new batches come out labels will change especially if there is enough public pressure.

Until then, drink and be merry. Cheers!

5 Likes

My Local Safeway has a big old poster advertising this.

The beer (without the schmaltz) sounds like my kind of thing.

Apparently, they also make this.

3 Likes

Just once I’d like to see a brewery spin the table and release a truly fantastic brew called Heartthrobber or something with a super-hot, shirtless dude on the label. Would love to see how that sells.

11 Likes

As much as I love pin up art this kind of usage just gets an eyeroll from me these days.

7 Likes

Real ad from the 70s. Acme advertised in a lot of gay publications.

Not at all unusual these days of course. Brewers know that gay people drink beer; only a seriously uptight privately-owned (read: not publically traded) company might hew to some musty old religious homophobia.

(I don’t know if that last one is real.)

12 Likes

It should be… that is hilarious.

7 Likes

Tumescent Stout.

7 Likes

Snapped this pic in an antique store a few years ago. It’s like they wanted to be sexist, but just couldn’t muster up more than a half-hearted effort.

2 Likes

I love beer and Clamato.

Not really on topic, but I’m sure it might offend someone.

5 Likes

I’m definitely offended. Gtfo

3 Likes

One also has to consider that the women are in a male dominated industry, and i bet the environment is also a male majority. I don’t believe the female workers were directly pressured to skew their answers to be positive by their male peers… maybe they’re pretty chill rough around the edge kind of ladies… but without being there there’s no way to know if they’re really speaking honestly. Also, this is like checking with a couple of minority friends before saying a racist joke. Just because this group of women are ok with it it does not mean that they speak for the majority of women.

12 Likes